IPB

Sveikas, svety! ( Prisijungti | Užsiregistruoti )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Deck] The Mindful from Tomorrow (Jeskai Control), AKH - Gameday 1a vieta - Sestadieni.
SteadfastBro
rašyti 2017-05-21 14:57
Parašyta: #1

Grupė: Nariai
Iš kur: Vilnius

The Mindful from Tomorrow

Creatures (4)
4x Torrential Gearhulk€$

Planeswalker (2)
1x Chandra, Torch of Defiance€$
1x Gideon of the Trials€$

Spells (29)
2x Blessed Alliance€$
2x Immolating Glare€$
4x Magma Spray€$
4x Harnessed Lightning€$
3x Pull from Tomorrow€$
4x Glimmer of Genius€$
4x Disallow€$
1x Sweltering Suns€$
1x Fumigate€$
1x Stasis Snare€$
2x Cast Out€$
1x Commit // Memory€$

Lands (25)
4x Aether Hub€$
4x Prairie Stream€$
4x Spirebluff Canal€$
3x Inspiring Vantage€$
2x Irrigate Farmland€$
2x Wandering Fumarole€$
3x Plains€$
2x Island€$
1x Mountain€$

//Sideboard
2x Kefnet the Mindful€$
3x Negate€$
2x Forsake the Worldly€$
1x Radiant Flames€$
2x Fumigate€$
1x Stasis Snare€$
2x Linvala, the Preserver€$
1x Chandra, Torch of Defiance€$
1x Nahiri, the Harbinger€$

Swiss Round - 4ta vieta
vs GB Energy 2-0
vs Mono-Black Zombies 1-2
vs UW Artifacts Control 2-0
vs UW Control 2-0
vs Temur Drake 1-1-1

Top 8
vs Temur Drake 2-1
vs GB Delirium 2-0
vs Temur Aetherworks 2-0.

Notes:
- Kefnet the Mindful€$ was sided in every single game. MVP of the day. Dodges most of the current removal in standard and that people usually has in their decks. Not sure if is a great card, but worked yesterday and I was happy with it.
- Torrential Gearhulk€$ while is an amazing card is still a huge liability to grab any/every single removal your OP has in hand.
- 6 Times I created a Emblem "I cannot lose the game...unless". Only once was worth it smile.gif
- The 2xStasis Snare€$ should be 2xCast out€$ but a dear friend came a tiny tidy late so I was shy to replace them before the tournament begun (much love to Tadas P. though) Nevertheless, the 3 CMC was sometimes good against a 4 CMC cost letting your cast 2 spells in the same turn. Maybe it was just luck smile.gif
- Pull from Tomorrow€$ is a dubious card. When you are ahead doesn't do nothing, when you are behind, doesn't help you much. Mid game with 6-8 cards there is the value of this card. Played 3 and I think was too much.

TLDR: It was a fun day with Jeskai. Happy to tag Along with Phi and we both top 8. Glorybringer€$ all the way!.

#UntilTheNextTime #NeverEverHaveIt #ControlNeverdies #LongLiveTheKing

PS: When you don't get Censor€$ on time and only has 2 copies, you just don't play any!!!!

Šią žinutę keitė SteadfastBro, 2017-05-22 18:05

--------------------
IPB Image
"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you."
"He hasn't returned to the Cloud Forest. But I can still sense his calming presence."
MTGO: vroa2k9
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ragabash
rašyti 2017-05-22 08:40
Parašyta: #2

After the first game I knew that the only counterspells you had are disallow, so I kept

1 Traverse
1 Vessel
1 Lilliana
2 Swamp
1 Flayer
1 Something

The idea was to cast lilly on turn 3, which might've won me the game, as you will not have a counterspell ready in any case.

Greed is bad :/

Šią žinutę keitė Ragabash, 2017-05-22 08:40

--------------------
paveikslėlis

"That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die."
+Quote Post
SteadfastBro
rašyti 2017-05-22 10:19
Parašyta: #3

QUOTE(Ragabash @ 2017-05-22 09:40) *

After the first game I knew that the only counterspells you had are disallow, so I kept

1 Traverse
1 Vessel
1 Lilliana
2 Swamp
1 Flayer
1 Something

The idea was to cast lilly on turn 3, which might've won me the game, as you will not have a counterspell ready in any case.

Greed is bad :/

I went for a light weight counter build and definitely caught me off guard a couple of times. I rely on heavy spot removal but definitely more than one played around a card they never saw (Censor€$.

Yep. First game we went over 80-85% of the deck. Not reaching that 3rd land on the second game was painful to see. It would definitely put a hard time on me.

Greed is good! smile.gif . Paulius cast a Enchantment that creates two zombies and pump them +1/+1. I had on hand a -3/-3 wrath. I said to me. -Let's wait for a couple of tiny zombies to justify to cast of the wrath-. He played another Enchantment making his zombies 4/4 out of reach sad.gif #SadPanda

--------------------
IPB Image
"He hasn't returned to the Cloud Forest. But I can still sense his calming presence."
+Quote Post
vytyts
rašyti 2017-05-22 11:09
Parašyta: #4

have you considered playing any copies of Crush of Tentacles€$ or Nahiri's Wrath€$ ?
+Quote Post
SteadfastBro
rašyti 2017-05-22 12:35
Parašyta: #5

QUOTE(vytyts @ 2017-05-22 12:09) *

have you considered playing any copies of Crush of Tentacles€$ or Nahiri's Wrath€$ ?
Nahiri's Wrath€$? looks so sweet... I see myself end of OP turn, Pull from tomorrow€$ for 6. Next turn dump my hand for 5 damage to sweep the board gotcha time (One/Two Spot Removal/Counterspell smile.gif #MagicChristmasLand)

I had my fare share of Crush (on Simic and Dimir shells) and doesn't seems too bad here. The issue I think is the cheap removal of Fatal Push€$, Unlicensed Disintegration€$, Never // Return€$ that can make your 8/8 Octopus token never to connect. But maybe it is still a possibility.

What would you change instead? Would you guys take this deck to a GP?

PD: I'm not sure if it will pass the test with Mardu Vehicles. It dodged on Saturday the aggro tables which was good (Played only once against Paulius Zombies deck), it was meant to be good against Mid/Control Decks which has risen in numbers in our meta LATELY :/. #EveryonePlayingControl

Šią žinutę keitė SteadfastBro, 2017-05-22 15:45

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Yarra
rašyti 2017-05-22 13:58
Parašyta: #6

Per Aspera Ad Astra

QUOTE(SteadfastBro @ 2017-05-22 12:35) *

PD: I'm not sure if it will pass the test with Mardu Vehicles.

your deck passed it at friday wink.gif

--------------------
Trust no one © X-Files
Пролетарии всех стран, объединяйтесь ! © В.И. Ленин

paveikslėlis
+Quote Post
SteadfastBro
rašyti 2017-05-22 16:24
Parašyta: #7

QUOTE(Yarra @ 2017-05-22 14:58) *

your deck passed it at friday wink.gif
This deck has the approval of Yarra! Yeah!.

Fun Fact it is the first time I ever played a deck on FNM similar the one I played on GameDay. Always is a surprise for my OP what I'm playing (in general I think tongue.gif)

On first Game against Egle i played a Inspiring Vantage€$ passed. Egle played a tap land passed. I played a Mountain€$ passed and then, I was asked: Are you not playing control today? Did I kept a hand for a non control deck? (or along that lines)

#Priceless

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sietlas
rašyti 2017-05-22 20:31
Parašyta: #8

QUOTE(SteadfastBro @ 2017-05-22 13:35) *

What would you change instead? Would you guys take this deck to a GP?

I wouldn't take it to GP because of the mana base. You have way too many tapped lands when playing jeskai, and the payoff in white is not that incredible imho. I would just play U/R, U/B, or even U/W control/flash instead. 9 rounds(or 15+ if lucky) would bring a lot of situations where you are waiting for that land to enable your glimmers/hulks, aaand it's tapped.. i only played 8 tapped lands on sunday, and one of those did cost me the final match vs marvel sad.gif you are playing 15 of those in your deck T_T u also have 1UU, 1WW, 1RR that you would like to be able to cast on curve, but oh well, as always, better lucky than good happy.gif
+Quote Post
SteadfastBro
rašyti 2017-05-22 21:48
Parašyta: #9

QUOTE(sietlas @ 2017-05-22 21:31) *

I wouldn't take it to GP because of the mana base. You have way too many tapped lands when playing jeskai, and the payoff in white is not that incredible imho. I would just play U/R, U/B, or even U/W control/flash instead. 9 rounds(or 15+ if lucky) would bring a lot of situations where you are waiting for that land to enable your glimmers/hulks, aaand it's tapped.. i only played 8 tapped lands on sunday, and one of those did cost me the final match vs marvel sad.gif you are playing 15 of those in your deck T_T u also have 1UU, 1WW, 1RR that you would like to be able to cast on curve, but oh well, as always, better lucky than good happy.gif
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Indeed. A streamline manabase would definitely help you in long runs. U/W seems solid, but the red is too good. I saw a lot of U/R Control and I like it. Not having at least 3 Sweltering Suns€$ it was for me deal breaker. Only own 1 at the moment. that's why I mixed with Radiant Flames.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Nariai skaitantys šią temą: 1. (svečių: 1, užsislaptinusių narių: 0)
0 nariai:

- Lo-Fi Versija Dabar yra: 2020-04-05 14:05

Į viršų